Bare Central Heating Pump

Hi,

I have recently been researching new central heating pumps as the one in our new house is rather old and noisy. I keep seeing references to a "bare pump" on the web, try googling "grundfos bare pump" and you'll see.

What is a "bare pump"? I wondered if it was just the new motor or something, but that doesn't seem like the case.

Thanks, BraileTrail

Reply to
BraileTrail

I think it means without valves. I havent heard the term before, but a google does show it.

What pump do you need? I've got a 'new' old pump sat in my shed for a gravity fed coal fired system, free to anyone who wants to collect from just South of Leicester.Looks a pretty std. gravity feed header style central heating system pump. Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

Possible yes, but then I haven't seen any pumps being sold with valves because you may need 22mm or 28mm or... Quick google , nope can't see any with valves.

Thanks for the offer, but I have ordered a new Gundfos unit. I am not trying to replace like for like and will have to add some copper because new pumps are considerable shorter than the old one.

BraileTrail

Reply to
BraileTrail

It is a eunuch pump. ( no nuts!!) in the box you get just the pump and two fibre washers. No nuts, no valves etc. Bare pumps are designed for replacements to an existing system. Full pumps are for new work.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin