Bannister heights

Hi..

Before I go out tomorrow & buy my bannister parts... What height do the regs say they have to be? 900mm? Is that from the front, rear or middle of the tread on the stairs? What lee way do you have? +- 25mm?

TIA

Hamish.

Reply to
Hamie

They have to be a minimum of 900mm when measuring vertically from the pitch line. [This is the sloping line from the nose of one step to the next etc.] I'm not aware of any maximum.

Also the spindles have to be positioned close enough together to prevent a

100mm sphere from passing through the gap.
Reply to
Set Square

Set Square wrote: || Also the spindles have to be positioned close enough together to || prevent a 100mm sphere from passing through the gap.

Sounds like balls to me :-)

Dave

Reply to
david lang

'They' have to be balls (100 mm spheres) because the NSPCC hollers when the BCO tries to jam 'Kalibrated Kiddies'' heads through the spindles.

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

Must be difficult getting trousers to fit you comfortably :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

They're ok as long as they're "baggy".