Bandsaw bits

I am rescuing a DeWalt/ELU DW3401 bandsaw with a cracked wheel. The saw itself is fine - motor is good, guides look OK etc. but the top *plastic* wheel is cracked and has worn horribly around the bearings. I suspect the two things are connected.

Does anybody know good places to get generic 12" bandsaw wheels and/or tyres in the UK? DeWalt want to sell me an alloy replacement wheel for £100+VAT without a tyre.. which seems a bit steep!

I've vaguely seen mention of using other alternatives - either a V-belt pulley with a belt stretched round it and sanded to a crown, or even making your own wheel from decent plywood.

Any suggestions? I'm trying to do this on a tight budget, otherwise it would be a new bandsaw in the first place!

Reply to
PCPaul