Bandsaw - Anyone want a BIGGER than average one ?

The clear out continues, I've put this 'little' band saw one eBay

Eventually I'll get the place tidy !!!!!

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Had you thought of opening an industrial museum? There's probably grants for such tourist attractions with Hastings being such a deprived area :) And when ^C^C^C^C if it failed you could probably use the last of the grant capital to clear the site :))

Reply to
Robin

It's open now, tickets on sale at the gate, form an orderly queue please :)

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Shame its 3 phase

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Trivial job putting a single phase motor on it

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Nah, just find a couple of friendly neighbours down ya street and run trailing cables each over their back fence....

Reply to
Adrian C

I've got a three-phase polisher and a single-phase supply and I've got it going through judicious use of a big capacitor between two of the terminals. It's probably not giving me as much output as I could get on a proper three-phase supply but it does the job.

Did the job: it's still packed away after the move. Any danger of it going bnag if I bring it out of retirement?

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

I assume its 3 phase because 13A doesnt provide enough power, but 3kW is a fair bit for a bandsaw.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I never looked what hp the motor is, and it's wrapped up again so not easy to look, but I doubt it's more than 2 horse power - conceivably three tops

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

In message , snipped-for-privacy@care2.com writes

I might have a spare 3kW single phase motor in my collection. Dairy vacuum pump from memory.

I already have a larger bandsaw so no use to me.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I've just posted this to my local wood working club - their committee always seem to be looking for 'bigger' tools!

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

I wouldn't be surprised if Andrew couldn't dig out a single to 3ph convertor from somewhere B-)

So you'd run it on a suitably rated spur. Start in rush might be more of a problem.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Could certainly provide the parts to make one :)

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Does mine trump it?

Have the table, wooden guard/cover and a bigg-ass 3 phase motor to run it too.

In the background there is also a belt drive thicknesser(?) plane type thing too. :)

Pete@

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk