Bamboo floor on concrete - what are the basics?

We're planning to lay a bamboo floor in our flat, it's a total area of about 20 square meters, a square room plus a lobby.

The underlying floor is concrete.

It's to be a 'floating' floor, i.e. the bamboo comes as 960mm x 96mm T&G boards which will be glued together.

That's about the end of my knowledge! So now the questions:-

What can/does one put between the bamboo and the concrete? The concrete is pretty smooth and level. The seller is saying that all one needs is some 'foam' sheeting which can be bought from B&Q. Presumably there are better (and worse) qualities of this sheeting and/or other ways of doing it.

Does one replace the existing skirting boards with slightly thicker 'edging' to cover the expansion gap?

How do you edge the floor at doorways and other places where there aren't skirting boards?

Are there any special tools which make the job lots easier?

What else don't I know?

Reply to
usenet

Your seller forgot to mention one important thing: on concrete use DP and foam underlayment. DPM will prevent any residue moist from th concrete getting into your floor

-- WoodYouLike

Reply to
WoodYouLike