Ball valves start dripping too soon?

I keep having to replace the ball valve on the loft water tank. They start dripping and the tank starts overflowing.

The last one lasted a year. How long should they last? Why might they fail so often - the one before that may have lasted about 3 years, though I cannot be certain it was as long as that?

Any ideas?

GPG

Reply to
GPG

Mines been there for 25 + years. I rarely change them for people, maybe 3 or 4 in the last 4 years. They all seem to drip a little mind. More of a 'weep'.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

GPG was thinking very hard :

We have four - two header tanks and two toilets, all put in 25 years ago. In that time I have replaced one of those on one of the the toilets.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

erode them.

Reply to
John

Have you got high water pressure? If so have you got the right type of valve?

Have you tried just changing the washer?

Reply to
<me9