Bah Humbug (OT?)

Good. :)

Tell her she's got to excuse you for a minute after though so you can come and tell us how it went! :)

Reply to
mogga

What's the most common Christmas wine?

"I don't like sprouts."

Reply to
mogga

I'm humbled.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

I did, and filled two drawers of the freezer *and* have a large trifle for 42p for pudding later.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

+n (not sure where we're up to by now)

Not sure I'll get round to plastering today but I did PVA my chases in the bedroom.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Thank you young man. Our Xmas was made considerably better when we got home earlier to find the power back on - it had been off since 01.30 yesterday, so about 36 hours.

Reply to
Tim Streater

My heat bleeds for the southerners..

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Meh, ours was off for 36 hours last winter with several inches of snow on the ground. With three meter points the compensation was quite nice. B-) Some of that went on re-stocking on red for the genset. Don't forget to claim your compensation.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

From whom and how? And what are "meter points"?

Reply to
Tim Streater

Don't forget to empty the freezer before it all refreezes into a solid rancid lump.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I claimed from the company that operates the local distribution network. Our outage was cause by an ice storm bringing down lines and snapping poles. Got £90/MPAN for the 36 hrs off supply.

Meters, this place has three for historical reasons. You'll need your MPAN to make a claim:

Dave Liquorice

I claimed from the company that operates the local distribution network. Our outage was cause by an ice storm bringing down lines and snapping poles. Got 90/MPAN for the 36 hrs off supply.

Meters, this place has three for historical reasons. You'll need your MPAN to make a claim:

Won't you end up paying three meter rentals @100/year each?

Reply to
harryagain

No problems W.Midlands. Very windy but the rain was not heavy though it went on for some time.

Reply to
harryagain

Not from my PoV. Hopefully Pounder choked to death on a mince pie.

Reply to
Huge

Couple of years ago we were off for 4 days. What was really annoying was that it really was just us. I could see lights in all directions. When the 'leccy people finally got to us, it took them about 3 minutes to fix. :o(

Reply to
Huge

Thanks for the lead. Looking at UK Power Networks Ts & Cs, looks like it's a severe weather event so I'll put in a claim and see what happens.

Cheers,

Reply to
Tim Streater

Oddly we lost no (polycarb) panels from the greenhouse this time.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Why do you say that?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Looks like some are taking a bit longer;(..

Poor sods off line and poor sods having to put it right..

How much of this is gen damage and how much a lack of maintenance Mike around who might know?..

tony sayer

Indeed. One of our toasts over Xmas lunch was to the poor sods up poles putting 'leccy lines back up.

Reply to
Huge