Reply to
gremlin_95

+5
Reply to
News

+6
Reply to
djc

On Tuesday 24 December 2013 17:24 ARW wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Et tu!

I am happy because not once did I go to the bastard shops thronging with wibbling last minuters. Thank you Amazon!

I also am glad I did not have to go to work this week as a landslip at Wadhurst has closed the Hastings line and the village nearly got flooded:

Full marks to the Environment Agency men for having the pumps and barriers ready. Luckily the water abated before anyone's Xmas got ruined.

Just come back from a Xmas meal down the pub (same one you went to when you were over this way with John).

Tomorrows cooking will be very simple - and I have infinite beer :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

On Tuesday 24 December 2013 23:08 djc wrote in uk.d-i-y:

while (c++);

Reply to
Tim Watts

+1 more
Reply to
Bob Eager

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for a n environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non addictiv e, gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday practised with the most enjoyable traditions of religious persuasion or secular practices of your choice with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or t raditions of others, or their choice not to practise religious or secular t raditions at all.

I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar y ear 2014, but not without due respect for the calendar of choice of other c ultures whose contributions to society have helped make our country great ( not to imply that Scotland is necessarily greater than any other country) a nd without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religi ous faith or sexual preference of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms:

This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely trans ferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/him or others and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discreti on of the wisher. The wish is warranted to perform as expected within the u sual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issu ance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

Warmest Regards (with reservations)

Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

Yes.

Reply to
ARW

What is 'chrismas'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Where Tea is replaced by unmentionable alcohol?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

How you pronounce that abomination "Xmas", as in criss-cross mas?

"Cross mas" especially after trying to do the normal weekly shop with a store full of sheeple who only visit once a year, don't know what they want, can't agree on how much of what they don't know what they want and don't know where to find what they don't know what they want or can't agree a quantity on. Give 'em a choice loose, pre-packed or organic parsnips (for example) and they are completely flummoxed.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

No.

Reply to