Badgers

Page 1 of 2
Hi,
There was a lovely house near me last year which had just been modernised throughout but I didn't go for it - it got snapped up pretty quick anyhow. I have since learnt that at the rear of the house is a small wood with a badger set in there.
At first I thought how cute... but since I have wondered whether having one so close to a house could be a potential problem - i.e. as in digging down underneath the foundations? Anyone know anything about this kind of thing? Just curious?
J.
Possible but unlikely. Badgers are fairly shy but they can cause havoc in a garden as they forage for worms etc.
-- snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 23:28:13 +0100, Andrew McKay wrote:

Bovine TB, possibly (this could end up as another Ragwort or Speed Camera thread...)
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Well, David Archer's convinced. ;-)
--
*Why are they called apartments, when they're all stuck together? *

Do you mean the character in the every day story about the super rich farm owning community?
--
Alan
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 03:53:44 +0100, Alan

Shhh! You'll attract the troll from under his bridge.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Indeed. The main thread at the moment is about the Grundys.
--
*It sounds like English, but I can't understand a word you're saying.

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 01:34:50 +0100, Dave Plowman wrote:

Haven't heard it for a while, silly sod didn't take up the option of having his own, independant, examination of the body. In "the real world" that would surely be the thing to do. It would make his case so much stronger if said dead Badger had had TB.
As for the piss poor research I smell something, why does no one put up the cash to do a proper scientific appraisal? Vetinary Drugs companies making loads a money from TB vaccines? A feeling that they (who ever "they" are) won't get the answer they want, ie Badgers do carry TB to cattle.
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

No, it's the other way around. Cattle infect badgers. Cull all of the cattle and the TB problem will go away.
--
Alan
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 18:55:25 +0100, Alan wrote:

Selective quoting is wonderful isn't it.
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

That's like saying that humans infect mosquitoes with malaria (oh yes they do) so we should get rid of humans and the malaria problem will go away.
Mary

geoff

The relationship between humans, mosquitoes and malaria is understood. Do you believe that killing all the badgers in the UK will stop TB in cattle?
--
Alan
wrote

Do they organise resistance cells? ;-)
I think they are in Iraq hunting down Sddam. Even as I type squads of highly trained badgers are lying in wait disguised as desert badgers... They'll get him.

ask John Archer

Do you mean David?
John died in a tractor accident some time ago.
Mary

You obviously missed some episodes. He died of bovine TB but the family covered it up to protect the herd.
--
Alan