Backhoe/Minidigger which is best

Hi,

I may have a requirement for a machine which can move rubble/small rocks, level ground, & dig ditches for services and foundatations (site is 0.75 acre). Which would be best a small tractor with loader/backhoe or a mini digger? (space is somewhat limited so a full size JCB would struggle). What are the pros and cons of these machines.

I would like to do the work myself, either by renting a machine or buying a 2nd hand one to sell on when I have completed. I anticipate this work being done over a few months/a year (off and on). Any rough indications on what to pay, and what to buy?

Any advice gratefully received.

Regards RObin

Reply to
Robin Soper