Back hearth expansion

Does a back hearth need separating from the superimposed hearth with glass fibre rope if a stove is used? I'd have thought not. I was intending to lay flags across the lot. Where's a good place to view different flag materials - Nottm area?

Reply to
visionset

Mine isn't, but I have an inset firebox so the backhearth doesn't see direct heat like that.

Andy

Reply to
Andy