back boxes & earth terminals

Hello,

I've bought some back boxes from Toolstation but some of the earth terminals face the wrong way, with the hole for the cable facing the side of the box. This will make fitting the earth trickier than if the hole faced into the centre of the box. Is it possible to rotate the terminals or are they fixed? I've just tried a pair of pliers but they just seemed to slip. I'm wondering whether to ask for an exchange?

Thanks.

Reply to
Stephen

Do you mean it's a hole which doesn't go all the way through the terminal?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

13mm are a disaster waiting to happen.
Reply to
John

Oh no, the hole goes all the way through but it starts by the left hand side and runs to the bottom side like this "\", which makes poking the wire round a but tricky. It would be easier if the hole was aligned facing the centre of the box and running into the bottom LH corner like this "/", if that makes sense?

Reply to
Stephen

Why is that? Because the switch and wire are squashed inside? I am only using the 13mm for some speaker wall plates anything 240v will be using 35mm. It's the 35mm boxes that are causing me this particular problem though.

Reply to
Stephen

They can usually be twiddled with enough brute force! ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm