B&Q trampoline - any good?

B&Q are doing a 12' trampoline for £65 quid.

The box says: Galvanized steel frame with stainless steel springs Foam safety pads and polypropylene jumping mat Max weight 90kg

There are 72 springs which are about 1" diameter by about 9" long. The springs attack to the mat material by metal triangular rings. The perimeter of the mat seems to have about 10 concentric rows of stitching. The padding seems quite thin (maybe 20mm?) but very firm.

I've been looking at

for guidance

I think more expensive tramps have thicker springs, so I assume this one won't have as much bounce which I guess will be more noticeable for heavier users. Question is: is it a complete load of tat or a worthwhile starter trampoline (particularly given that something like a Bazoongi

12ft Popular Trampoline is over twice the price)?

On particular question I have is about the stainless-steel springs. All other tramps seem to have galvanised steel. Will stainless stay springy?

Reply to
John Stumbles

Yes,but will rust if left outside where as galvanised won't.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Sorry it's not addressing your question but don't even consider buying it without the safety netting. Family across from me got one last year - without a safety net there'd be so many trips to A&E.

Reply to
shaun

SWMBO is insistent on this. However this seems diyable.

Reply to
John Stumbles

Er, _stainless_ steel will _rust_???

Reply to
John Stumbles

Oops! my bad - it actually comes in a set of 2 boxes and the bloody numpties at B&Q have priced it at £65 per box despite the fact that either box on its own is about as much use as a chocolate teapot. So it's really £130 ... except they've currently got it on offer for £110, which is still not too bad a price.

Reply to
John Stumbles

In that case 2' shorter gets you this.

The3rd Earl Of Derby

The message from John Stumbles contains these words:

I notice they do that with their split aircon, too. Each /box/ is £270something, not the whole thing. Cheeky, that is.

Reply to
Guy King

Same as Wickes, maybe some people buy just the internal unit to impress their friends and hope it doesnt get too hot ;-)

H .

Reply to
HLAH

You say that in jest.

Was in Makro a couple of weeks ago looking at the split unit air con that they do (£199.99 for the set). Would have had one except they had 4 external units and none of the internal ones. Guy there reckons a couple of people have taken the internal boxes as pairs cos they're smaller...

Reply to
shaun

See

've had it happen to a couple of items that were at least claimed to be stainless steel. A refund was obtained in both cases.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq