B&Q table saw under 30.00

Page 2 of 2
On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 15:38:34 +0000 (UTC), "Mungo Henning"

I've always believed that pillar drills have belt drives - the two pillar drills I have certainly do, and they've never had a problem!
Put another way, if the drill bit snags in the workpiece then I'd rather have the belt slipping than the work being flung in my general direction!
PoP
On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 15:38:34 +0000 (UTC), "Mungo Henning"
No. I was thinking of going up-market and splashing out on Screwfix's 45 quid radial drill, so I could tilt it more easily.
snipped-for-privacy@lycos.co.uk (mark) wrote:
Hello mark

A tool often overlooked for mass driving is the humble electric drill. Fit a decent bit and it's fantastic. Much faster than any cordless thing, more torque and it doesn't go flat. Even better if you get a reversible one with variable speed.
Ok, useless for things away from a socket, but it's the only driver I use now where power is available - outlasted two cheap cordless drivers and one expensive one - I even keep an old stainless Wolf bitted up in the workshop just for this!
--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK