B&Q - Staff member goes mad - helps customer for 3/4's of an hour !

Actually, a bunch of old anoraks.............. :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

On Mon, 8 May 2006 21:36:39 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote (in article ):

Going trainspotting with a bottle of weak lemon drink and a thin white ham sandwich

Reply to
Andy Hall

Just by way of balance... In B&Q yesterday and had the worst service humanly possible. Had a very large (18mm thick) piece of plywood and was expected to turn it and every other article over so they could scan them - wasn't asked, just expected to.

Then, after being told that a VAT receipt "wasn't possible", ended up in a verbal wrestle where I was finally told that I should have asked for one sooner - i.e I was supposed to have read the mind of the till operative before handing over my card. Now, I'm no VAT genius but I believe that if I ask for a VAT I should receive one, no matter how awkward it might be.

FFS.

Chips.

Reply to
Chips

On Tue, 9 May 2006 19:21:55 +0100, Chips wrote (in article ):

Oh, that's fine.

Take it to the returns desk and process for a refund - by definition you are a consumer if you didn't have a VAT receipt.

Leave it on the trolley. They can put it back.

Ask to see the manager and ask for help to find a new sheet.

Now go and get a new sheet on a different trolley and process that with a request for VAT receipt. Make sure that you pay with Amex. This costs them more than credit cards.

Ask them to help you load it onto your vehicle. They will need to go back to the store to get tape. And string. Three times.

This is more effective in Focus where they have surly teenagers. They will never know so much again so encourage them to show you the way and demonstrate their expertise. B&Q tends to have reasonably sentient students at the weekends at least

/andy

Reply to
Andy Hall