B&Q - so many items "out of stock"

RobH wrote on 15/06/2020 :

Same here, affecting all of the local shops. There seems to be no shortage of stock generally, just shortage of certain lines. Maybe those producers of the 'certain lines' have not yet been able to restart their production/ distribution system?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

I'm waiting for Tunnock's.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Caramel wafers or mallow teacakes?

Not noticed any shortage of the former, never buy the latter.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Both. The factory shut in mid-March. The supply chain is empty round here.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Go on some certain groups on social media and you will find some people in total lock-down, who demand all other should be doing the same, criticise the number of people in cars travelling down their road BUT are reliant of others to deliver their food and then complain that certain (non-essential) items are not available in supermarkets where their helpers do their shopping!

I unsubscribed to one such "self help" group when the majority of requests became for certain varieties of cat food and other such "luxury" items !!!

Reply to
alan_m

I'm not complaining. I understand why they shut down and I don't blame them. I'm just a bit desperate, and I know it'll probably be a while yet!

WE tend to buy in bulk anyway so we haven't had any real problems here.

Reply to
Bob Eager

some cats are very fussy eaters.

Reply to
charles

Quite common on a local group to get some complaining about the numbers out and about. And the only way they could be sure of this is if they are out and about themselves. But obviously on an essential trip. Everyone else not. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The other problem is people in lock down believing everything they read on social media and in some other news media. I know of people complaining about the crowds on Southend sea front after one local councillor reported that Londoners has been stopped and questioned by council officials about why they were on the beach. I drove the whole length of Southend sea front at the time that people were complaining about and didn't see these crowds! Yes, there were small family groups out for a walk keeping social distancing and people cycling and running but in numbers that you may see on a WINTERS day, and not on a hot sunny day. All seafront attractions, pubs, restaurants etc. were closed.

My trip was possibly unnecessary but when I go for my fortnightly trip to the local supermarket I tend to go around the "big" block to give my car some exercise and give it some distance with it up to temperature. The last time I filled it with fuel was at the end of February and in normal times would have covered at least 2k miles since.

Reply to
alan_m

I bet they are not when hungry and nothing else is forthcoming.

Reply to
alan_m

In article snipped-for-privacy@candehope.me.uk>, charles snipped-for-privacy@candehope.me.uk> writes

Most, in my experience and always gravitate to the most expensive.

Reply to
bert