B&Q's website

I know it's often been whinged about because you can't find anything with it, but I only wanted to know how much their packs of 2x2 are, FFS! Nope, they don't sell it apparently.

I wouldn't normally buy my timber there but as the timber yard's not open when I'm about tomorrow I thought I'd have a look. Hah!

I've complained about it online. Anyone else fancy a go?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Yes, I should really - it is without doubt one of the most useless websites I have ever come across. I usually give up and go to the store in person.

Rick

Reply to
Richard Sterry

Not half as useless as their paint counter (Cambridge). Ring the bell. No reply. Ask nearby staff (if you can find one) for assistance - "yes, someone will be with you shortly, sir". 10 minutes later - nothing. Leave and go to homebase instead.

I often wonder how quickly someone would turn up if I started mixing the paint myself ;-)

Reply to
Alistair

They don't sell it 'online', and the website only includes stuff which you can buy online. And the price will vary, depending on whether you go to a warehouse or superstore.

So it's depressing, but I don't see it changing.

Reply to
Nick Finnigan

"Alistair" wrote | Not half as useless as their paint counter (Cambridge). Ring the | bell. No reply. Ask nearby staff (if you can find one) for assistance | - "yes, someone will be with you shortly, sir". 10 minutes later - | nothing. Leave and go to homebase instead. | I often wonder how quickly someone would turn up if I started mixing the | paint myself ;-)

Can you not find an unattended 'tannoy' microphone and make your own staff call announcements

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Aaaah, I see.

*Thinks*

That's s**te, that is (not your post - their system). Tesco, Argos etc. manage to keep their prices up to date on their websites, so should B & feckin' Q. Lazy peeps.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

B&Q in Binley, Coventry are a joke.

I am putting in garden decking. I went along to the store on a Friday evening and selected all of the wood that I needed. Most of it was placed on a large trolley in the store. However, there were two pieces of wood that were on an upper shelf. The shop assistant pulled the tags off the wood and scanned the tags at the till.

We had arranged for the wood to all be delivered the following week by B&Q. The shop said that would get the wood down from the upper shelf and add it to our order.

On the day of delivery, we received a phone call: "This is B&Q. We can't deliver today because wot you ordered is orrrrtttt of stock." (click - they hang up)

In other words, B&Q had sold the products that we had selected to someone else.

I phoned B&Q to ask when would delivery take place. Response: "no idea when."

Eventually phoned B&Q head office. Very helpful lady gets a manager from the shop to phone me. It's two weeks on from that phone call and no delivery.

Graham

Reply to
Graham Wilson

Try this for a laugh:

Graham Wilson

I had a similar experience at Kettering (although I suppose I did get what I ordered in the end!)

I special ordered a couple of blank wallplates (I need to make some custom sockets but in keeping with the rest of of the plates). I got a phone call a week later saying they had them, so I went in to pick them up.

I waited 15 minutes for them to find someone to go and fetch them, and another half an hour while he looked. In the end they were found out on the shelf :-(

Bob

Reply to
Bob