B & Q Paint pads

Saw a kit in B & Q today of different size paint pads with a tray

Are these any good

I have previously used paint rollers but have gone back to a 4" brush on textured surfaces as I find I get better coverage and less spray

The pads would be for use on smooth plastered walls at my son's rented property

Tony

Reply to
TMC

Paint pads are excellent, and you use less paint with them than with a roller. On large walls, I think that you get a smoother, better looking finish with them, as well.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Paint pads are excellent.

My last experience with B&Q ones is 5 years old and therefore may not apply, but I found the pads lost bristles on the wall.

Just a comment from that moment in time.

Reply to
EricP

IME pads are much better than rollers (I've not used a brush for a very long time).

One useful trick is to dilute your emulsion by mixing in about 1/5 volume of water in the tray. It makes the paint go on much smoother and (despite going further) it usually doesn't need an extra coat.

Reply to
OG

In message , TMC writes

Used the small B&Q pads last week for applying eggshell to woodwork and some small areas of emulsion on smooth plaster. Brushed them out before initial use to remove any loose bristles and they were fine.

Reply to
robert