B&Q Kitchens

You have a programme select button and a power switch.

To turn on, you ensure the power is on, then select the programme and close the door. You select the programme by pressing the select button 'x' number of times. The standard programme requires 2 presses. A heavy soil programme is one press.

To cancel a programme midway, you would turn simply it off with the power switch. When turned back on it will forget that it was midway and be ready to have a new selection.

To resume a programme after an interruption, you simply close the door

After the programme has finished, the selected programme indicator flashes. Closing the door in this state will not start a new programme; you must select a new programme before it will start.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Ah, different from ours. When you turn ours on it gives you the last program selected, the default (I presume) is to leave it turned on.

Thus to start ours washing you simply hit the "start when I close the door" button and close the door. If you leave the same program selected that's *all* you have to do.

Ours won't (I don't think), turning off the power doesn't make the machine lose its memory. In fact it can continue after a power cut without problems.

Reply to
usenet

Same with a Smeg d/w, and no problem to open the door to add a rogue coffee cup.

And I'd second the suggestion to get the door buffers from B&Q. £5 for 5 I'd only get the premium drawers where they will be in everyday use, additional shelf supports from Screwfix, and brushed steel legs from Ikea. Wasn't overly impressed with the adjustable cupboard hangers, and would add glue to the dowel joints.

Reply to
Toby

"Neil Jones" wrote | If you really *need* to know what stage it has got to you might | need to hack into the circuitry to power a couple of neons for | an outboard display, or maybe you could add a simple 'meter' | to the dishwasher's supply to indicate when the machine is | drawing power.

An embedded HTTP server would be the elegant solution.

Owain

Reply to
Owain