B&Q Kitchens

Have noticed B&Q flogging what they call "Cooke & Lewis Kitchens". In the depths of my ignorance, that name means nothing to me. Is it an invented name? Is it another company?

They look to me like the kitchens B&Q were selling last year without, so far as I remember, that additional branding.

(I only really care as far as I have used bits and pieces of broken/damaged B&Q kitchen units for all sorts of purposes - so long as I could get a low enough price!)

Reply to
Rod

From the Cooke & Lewis website:-

Our details

B&Q plc Portswood House

1 Hampshire Corporate Park Chandlers Ford Eastleigh Hants SO53 3YX
Reply to
stevelup

It looks like an invented name. There's no other mention of the brand on google and at

details

B&Q plc Portswood House

1 Hampshire Corporate Park Chandlers Ford Eastleigh Hants SO53 3YX

See also

Owain

All a bit like sticking a rustic farmer's face on a pack of eggs or cheese at the supermarket then.

Seriously - if well fitted, does the carcass have much influence on the overall finished job? Surely it is just something to hang the doors on and support the worktop whilst creating storage space.

Reply to
John

I reckon its like the MacAllister power tools. Same old s*1t, different brand name.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I think it probably does have quite an effect. For example, the difference between Wickes cheapest (made from 15mm chip) and even B&Q Gloss White (made from 18mm MDF, I think) just on the material front is substantial. Add to that the quality of things like hinges, legs, accuracy of cut, abundance/paucity of dowels/screws/other things to hold it together, and so on.

What clearly doesn't make any difference is the brand name... :-)

Reply to
Rod

It's all made in Lucky Golden Hedgehog Kitchin Bring Blessings Your Home Cooking Nice Factories.

Owain

Reply to
Owain