B+Q Idiots .

Went to B+Q in Glasgow Darnley today to order some stuff for delivery .Ok Ok it costs £20 but carrying 8 x 4 Gyproc up 2 flights of stairs is young guys work . Any way I wanted Aquapanel as well and went to the plasterboard etc section and could find the Aquapanel screws but not the boards .Spoke to a guy who led me to another guy standing at the timber cutting desk and was told that they used to sell it but not any more .All they had was water resistant Multiboard which I didn't want .I grabbed a packet of screws saying that it was ridiculous to sell the screws and not the boards ....I approached the checkouts and there were only

2 open ( out of about a dozen at least) and each had a queue like an execution so I just threw the screws down in disgust and walked out . I phoned Knauf CS when I got home and the very helpful lady phoned B+Q and phoned me back with the name of the person she spoke to and the boards were found in Aisle 13 which apparently is beside the power tools !!!!... The only thing I can think is that this is beside the ceramic tiles but I won't know until I go back tomorrow . What a shower of tossers ..

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

You're optimistic hoping for them to bring it up the stairs aren't you? It's usually specified as kerbside only, though of course you can sub the driver.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

They deliver to your door...that doesn't mean they have to hump it up a flight of stairs.

And why shouldn't they sell the screws without stocking the board?

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Well just to let you smart arses know .They DO take things like 8 x 4 Gyproc up

2 flights of stairs as proved to me the last time I ordered some .I checked that before I ordered the delivery and anyway my DOOR is on the second floor ..

BM's are a different kettle of fish tho'

As for selling Aquapanel .Knauf DO supply B+Q with the boards etc so they werent exactly amused at what was going on . There is nothing to stop them selling the screws without selling the boards but do you really think it smart .?

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

We all know that B&Q are tossers.

Do what I did and complain to B&Q head office, via email.

My local coventry branch had a trade counter that said it is open all day. But they closed it at 5pm. I complained via email to the Coventry branch, after wheeling 10 bags of sand the whole length of the shop, and then the whole length of car park. And there were 5 assistants who I passed who were having a chat, who did not ask if I wanted help.

Nothing happened so I complained to head office. Now the trade counter is open all the time.

Reply to
Mr Big

It's the same anywhere, be it Wickes, B&Q or BMs. You'll get some staff who bend over backwards to help you and others who just couldn't give a toss.

Reply to
daddyfreddy

I had to deal with Tops Tiles a few months ago and the service could not be faulted.

No mention of accessory sales, _very_ knowledgeable staff, as helpful as they could be, did not want to sidle off because you were asking too many questions about trivial things.

All in all, the best store I have ever been in. I even had to complement them via the manager. I just wish all other stores were the same.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Yes,of course they have BM's but I want the Gyproc carried up stairs and BM's won't do that but B+Q will

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

In message , Stuart writes

And B&Q aren't necessarily more expensive.

Reply to
chris French

I only wish I could aford to shop and B&Q.

Dont they have builder supply yards up there?

BR

Camero

-- Cameron

Reply to
Cameron

There is an interesting post on uk.legal about being fined for parking at B & Q Lincoln, 125 quid but reduced to 75 quid for prompt payment.

Reply to
Phil Anthropist

The message from Dave contains these words:

Worth doing, that. Particularly if you ever go back you'll get treated like royalty.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from chris French contains these words:

Also depends whicih B&Q. Our local one wants nearly £20 for a sheet of

3/4" MDF, but the B&Q Depot in Wednesbury wants £11. The local BMs are around £18.
Reply to
Guy King

But for the kitchen wall tiles I bought a while back about twice the price of B&Q - which I only found out too late.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

So you must be biased now that you are a member of the team?

Mungo :-)

s/ple/pli/

Reply to
Mungo

No, but I did once do a short spell at buy and spew though :-(

That was until I saw the quality of the goods they put on the shelves.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

errr... you did get my drift: "complEment" versus "complIment" ??

Mungo

Reply to
Mungo

Looking at the post I replied to...

So you must be biased now that you are a member of the team?

Mungo :-)

s/ple/pli/

Un-quote...

I cannot see what you are on about when you post

errr... you did get my drift: "complEment" versus "complIment" ??

Un-quote...

I have had no posts from you, other than the ones I quote above

Regards

Dave

Reply to
Dave

You're probably having a laugh, but let me spell it out:

You originally wrote " I even had to complement them via the manager. "

I think you meant " I even had to compliment them via the manager. "

Go to Google and type in the query (without the quotes) "define:complement". One of the definitions of the word "complEment" is: number needed to make up a whole force; "a full complement of workers"

Whilst I would never claim to be perfect at spelling, easy spelling mistakes that subtly change the meaning of a sentence amuse me. Like the time the person called me "incompetAnt".

Back to the DIY... sigh

Mungo ;-)

Reply to
Mungo

And B&Q aren't necessarily more expensive.

Also depends whicih B&Q. Our local one wants nearly £20 for a sheet of

3/4" MDF, but the B&Q Depot in Wednesbury wants £11. The local BMs are around £18

My local BM 'MDF 18mm - 2440 x 1220mm' = £12.34inc

Not wanting to argue but I find you have to be very carefull with B& as to compare like with like! - plan to visit B&Q and check MDF prices

Would use there web site but thats something else that is $#!£

Camero

-- Cameron

Reply to
Cameron