B&Q: found in the 1-quid bin

Believe it or not, a lock-picking set!

Needless to say, I couldn't resist the temptation - have always wanted to have a go at it.

Reply to
Lobster

What tools does it contain?

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Well it describes it as a "4pc Hook and Pick Set" and contains 4 little plastic-handled tools with various different metal spikey bits at the business end. No doubt total crap but hey...!

Reply to
Lobster

Hammer.

Reply to
Steve Firth

And does it work???

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Wouldnt be my first choice but worth a play. This could be the start of a new career :)

NT

Reply to
meow2222

They probably didn't sell many, but had lots nicked. Reminds me of the quote from the Sharpe series;

Richard Sharpe: Gimme a pick-lock, Cooper. Cooper: Pick-lock, sir? Catch me with a pick-lock! Patrick Harper: They did, Coop. But when you got out of Newgate prison, you got another set, and that's the one the officer wants. Cooper: Do I get it back, sir? Richard Sharpe: Trust me. Cooper: It's very hard to trust a man who wants to borrow your pick-lock, sir.

Reply to
Aidan

Did it come with any 'how to' instructions? Useless without.

Good guide here;

The Medway Handyman

The main website is knackered, scroll to the bottom and download the pdf file

Reply to
Swiss Tony

Where or how do you manage to get hold of sites like these?

Do you go out of your way to find sites that are crap or don't work? Or is there a special series online for eccentrics that like looking at

400 messages?
Reply to
Weatherlawyer

I look for them deliberately, so I can annoy people - obviously.

I spend about 30 hours a week specifically looking for web sites that don't work. Everybody needs a hobby and I don't get out much.

You got me there. I have no idea what you are talking about.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Didn't look to be honest, just clicked on it in My Favourites. You are correct the PDF has all the info.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

bumpkey

Reply to
Andy Burns

Bill

where's the torque wrench? (the thing you use to apply a measured amount of torque to the lock barrel with).

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Good point Ed. Completely useless without one.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

You have a much more exciting B&Q than we do! None in ours.

3 x paintbrushes, 5 amp choc blocks, 500 watt halogen bulbs 2 pack, lightbulbs, sponges - but n lock picks.
Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Can't see them being higher quality than the normal ones they sell, and their threads strip as soon as you look at them :-(

Reply to
Andy Burns