B&Q drawers

To avoid more head scratching and reinventing the wheel, has anybody else had probs with installing them? All seemed fine till the final instructions. Put the drawer on the runners , push down and slide in, there will be a click. I get no click and cant get them secured properly. Seems such a simple thing, but i cant see whats wrong.

Reply to
Mike.......

Are the drawers pushing the sliding runners back along the fixed runner before it 'clicks'? Have you tried putting your hand on the sliding runner from inside the cupboard and pushing it back towards the front of the drawer box. I am not familiar with B&Q drawers but that is how I re attatch mine when I take them out.

HTH

John

Reply to
John

ahh yes, by doing that they engage both sides instead of just one. That now gives me confidence that the bottom front (as opposed to front bottom!) is indeed 1cm out of position, seems odd to get an error like that, but I suppose its possible. Time to check everything again!

Reply to
Mike.......

We're talking about the premium drawer kits. That's how they work. You put the drawer box ontos the runner. Push it all the way in, so the "sliding runners" do get pushed back, and it clicks into place. Dead simple.

Hmmm.

Reply to
Man at B&Q

yes, you would think so! I can get them to lock by putting my hand round the back as suggested, i'm now stuck with the top one as I cant get a hand round the back!

Reply to
Mike.......

Hmmm.

Your point being?

I was trying to help somebody with a problem and quite openly admitted I am not familiar with drawers on a B&Q kitchen having never knowingly seen one installed anywhere, and I have certainly never removed and replaced a drawer in one!

Cheers

John

Reply to
John

doh! Of course you can, open the second drawer too. Funny how you stop thinking when its getting to you.

Reply to
Mike.......

dont know why i needed to give them a helping hand from the back, they are OK now, everything else has been perfect, funny, I dont *think* I did anything wrong!

Reply to
Mike.......