B&Q Clearout

In my local Warehouse B&Q they have a huge section of clearance items, including lots of power tools.

Interesting variety of brands; DeWalt, Makita, Bosch, AEG, Ryobi, Hitachi, Metabo, Rexon as well as their own brand s**te.

I reckon its come via Screwfix to be sold in the stores. Don't even know if its national or just my local store, but worth a look if you need something.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

They have similar offers here in the Midlands too. Their own brand might well be s**te, but I was looking for a cordless saw, just to roughly cut things that won't go into the car (well...where I don't need the whole length in one piece afterwards of course!) and picked up a MacAllister cordless jigsaw down from 63 to 20 quid. If it doesn't last, well, it's only a drink (according to the scale recently discussed on here of what a drink is worth, if I remember rightly!) Times must be getting tough in B+Q land if they're cutting prices by that much.

Reply to
GMM

If you need a particular tool when you need it, but that isn't all that often, the own-brand s**te may be just what fits the bill.

Reply to
Laurence Payne

They have something similar in the Wandsworth one - in the car park. But only end of range odd rolls of wallpaper and strange name dry batteries. Oh - and lots of bolts of various sizes and types. Last one rather strange to sell off - unless they're going to stop selling that sort of thing.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The Sheffield branch is clearing out most of its own brand (Macallister?) stuff. I bought an impact driver and angle drill, both

14V and 2 batteries each, for about £60 including the 15% discount. Seem OK to me, but I've nothing to compare with having never owned or used cordless stuff. The cases are enormous, so in the bin with them.

Rob

Reply to
Rob

Excluding the power tools, we've just bought a metric shitload of=20 hardwood garden chairs off them (our lawnmower broke today, and we=20 just happened to spot the offers while we were mooching - with 15%=20 voucher of course)

We got...

2 "Chichester" folding reclining chairs at =A322 each 6 "Chichester" folding chairs at =A324 for two

...and a rather large crank-operated grey rectangular parasol with=20 solar lighting in the centre and all down the canopy arms for =A317 :-) (only the grey one appeared to be on offer)

This was from the St Helens store (Merseyside)

...and a "not reduced" Bosch 320C lawnmower - which is different to=20 the one they have on display (no lever for the height adjustment, or=20 flex strain relief "tag" as shown in the manual.

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Oi Dave....

Have a look at

the sort of stuff you might need sometime...

In article , R writes

Useful to see all that on one site & good for a one off purchase but the fixed 1.99 per item postage soon ramps up for larger orders.

Reply to
fred

Just gotta love that video where the guy stabs a hole in a leather suite and the audience go 'oooooh'. How would that goop adhere onto leather anyway?

Dave.

Reply to
Dave Starling

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "R" saying something like:

"Dog Ears Tear Mender? is a convenient and effective alternative to using tape or bandages for shaping dog ears. It is safe, non-toxic, and wash-proof, staying put until removal is desired. NOTE: Ear position varies by breed and the dog's natural set, so be sure to CONSULT A PROFESSIONAL OR BREED MANUAL for proper positioning "

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Brings tears to your eyes .. ;)

Paul.

Reply to
zymurgy

Don't keep it in the bedside cabinet folks, you could make an awful mistake one night ...

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Lipsil - Lipseal?