B&Q cladding - any advice

Hello all - my first time on this board

I am about to purchase and fit B and Q "Parador" white ash effect cladding to my kitchen/diner ceiling. These are 10 mm thick MDF based boards with a washable coating. I realise they are more expensive than softwood T and G that I have fitted elsewhere, but they are more rigid and do not require any treatment before or after fitting. Has anyone any experience of this product? Also, I may avoid battening and fix straight through old plaster/lathe into the joists.

Thanks

Noah

Reply to
Noah