B&Q (And others?) LED external floodlights

And funnily enough that`s why I`m asking for advice about a potential solution to this. Having someone doing a scratched record impression telling me that lanterns are the solution to all the worlds ills is hardly productive is it?

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

I do actually get daylight either before or after work, but it`s not much use if it`s for work that I need help with, as most of my friends still work normal office hours.

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

I was talking about when the lamp was on :-)

Reply to
Peter Parry

You must be one of the darkest places in England. When cloudy I would think the skyglow from Carlisle and Tyne/Wear/Cleveland would be noticable. It certainly was in North Northumberland within 50 miles of Newcastle.

Thick fog may be another matter.

Reply to
<me9

The 6am starts are a bit of a bggr though.

I can't believe there are some drunks going home as I am going to work.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Clouds - Mist - Thick fog. They're all the same there.

Edgar

Reply to
Edgar

Keep in mind that you are in Scotland, Owain.

With daylight hours so much shorter than the rest of the country, it isn't so surprising.

Reply to
Andy Hall

A few years ago I worked on one of those live Saturday morning kids progs. Made at the Ch5 headquarters off Tottenham Court Road. So was driving through the West End at about 5am. Seeing people queueing up to get into clubs.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Bought one and tried it out today. £35, 16 LEDS at a total of 1W IIRC. And as to the important question, is it any good?

It depends what you want! :-) It is possible to read by it, but it`s certainly not a bright floodlight by any deffinition I`d use. I can see the dangerous stuff waiting to be tripped over on the patio a lot more clearly, but you`re not going to have a party by the light from one. If you want it to let you open doors, unlock padlocks and similar then yes, it will do the trick. Not amazing, but a fair start for the first one i`ve seen, and I`m sure they`ll get better with a bit more work and more LED`s. If anyone has any more specific questions, please ask me ehre or by email, i`ll do my best to help.

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

According to the news, a party in Easterhoose last night resulted in one man being attached with a machete and another man being run over by a car. That's a pretty good party.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

But that's Glasgow, isn't it? See you Jimmy and all that?

Reply to
Andy Hall

I think we probably are.

You can spot the small orange bump on the horizon from Carlisle if you know where to look. Teeside can put up quite a glow but that depends on cloud height and visibilty, it varies greatly.

B-) Know the feeling, at least this winter has been generally bright, clear and crisp. I detest temps a degress or so above freezing and hill fog, the cold and damp just creeps into you.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice