B&Q

Does anyone know what range of pvcu double glazed windows are available at b and q?

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur

The only way to find out anything about B&Q is to visit a decent superstore.

As you have probably discovered their site is a choccy teapot and their search engine diabolical. Search for radiator and it will list lamp shades and garden furniture.

Reply to
EricP

I had a look at some in the Chelmsford superstore. They had a (very) limited range (i.e. maybe 5 different sizes on display) for ordinary windows (they also do Velux loft windows, they were nothing special - plain white uPVC - but the prices were very good if they happened to have a size you wanted. Wickes also often carry uPVC windows - these actually looksed a little better to me - but I did not study in great detail. Screwfix have a more extensive (and expensive) range of off the shelf windows as well).

In the end I found a local (ish) company that were happy to do "supply only" and could also do the things I wanted like woodgrain effect on the outside and gold/brass fittings. Total bill came to 570 for three windows (1.8x1.2m - 3 casement with fanlight, 1.2x1m 1 fixed with fanlight - obscure glass, 0.55x1m - 1 casement + fanlight)

Reply to
John Rumm

I bought their PVC patio doors and one window, and am very pleased with the quality. Rather better than much of the stuff you see fitted professionally. Of course the installation was better too...

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Wasn't it the Norwich B+Q that they used to sell items at a higher price for a set time 24hrs? and then ship items round the country

eg sell black and decker drill at £20 at Norwich then ship same drill to another B+Q store so they could then sell it at £15 and say on label £5 off previous price When £15 was the rrp.

Or was this just another urban myth?

Steve

Reply to
steve

If they do do this, then there is supposed to be a notice in other stores as to where the reference price is in use.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I'm sure it will say all the legally required stuff on the "sale" sign.

I'am also sure it will be printed in a slightly different shade of jet black from the background, in 4 point font. :)

Reply to
Andrew Collins

"But windings is the font our lawyers recommended".

Reply to
Ian Stirling