B&Q 15mm Speedfit pipe

Is it the proper John Guest stuff or a cheaper version? On their website it just shows a coil of pipe but no packaging.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

In article , Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot writes

Speedfit is a TM of JG so if it says Speedfit it will be JG. They have a specific section for Speedfit plumbing and if you follow the detail link on the pipe listings it shows a JG logo and Speedfit (R).

I see they also do Plumbeasy stuff which they say is Pex barrier too but no idea if that is unbadged JG.

Was that the question?

The coils are a pita to use but IMO it's worth is to get continuous length throughout.

Reply to
fred

Thanks.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

The pipe will be the same but, when I last looked, they only sold standard couplings, rather than the much superior Super Seal couplings. IIRC it was no dearer to buy the Super Seal couplings from my local plumbers' merchant than it was to but standard couplings from one of the sheds.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Polybutylene is less springy and easier to work with from coils. There are various mfrs including Hepworth (Hep20), Polyplumb, QPL ... and it's usually grey (though JG do a white PB). B&Q is not the cheapest place for get it: if you can wait a day or two I'd order up some QPL stuff from Toolstation.

Reply to
YAPH

A good call, I bought a job lot of Speedfit a while back before I knew the difference and am pretty much stuck with it, but will try hep2O et al when I clear my stock (which will take an age on my non commercial usage).

Reply to
fred