B&Q 15%-off weekend

I'm guessing a number of people will have received an email from B&Q, offering 15% off this weekend, by printable coupon.

Hmmm, just in time to replace the kitchen floor...

Reply to
Mike Dodd

No I havent ... and I am planning to spend some money there. Would anyone like to forward an email please?

Anna

-- Anna Kettle Lime plaster repair and conservation Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc Tel:    (+44)  01359 230642 Mob:   (+44)  07976 649862 Please look at my website for examples of my work at:

Anna Kettle

Oh I see i no longer have my email address on my sig

Anna@kettlenet..co.uk

Anna

-- Anna Kettle Lime plaster repair and conservation Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc Tel:    (+44)  01359 230642 Mob:   (+44)  07976 649862 Please look at my website for examples of my work at:

Anna Kettle

If no one supplies one send out for fish & chips and insist they wrap it in today's Sun, apparently the voucher is on page 48.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Thanks Mike

Anna

-- Anna Kettle Lime plaster repair and conservation Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc Tel:    (+44)  01359 230642 Mob:   (+44)  07976 649862 Please look at my website for examples of my work at:

Anna Kettle

Anna, for some reason I can never see your posts in Pan (they show up, but with no body content at all)! Knode reads them ok, but it looks as if your sig sep is "--" instead of "-- " and some of the numbers in your sig show as non-existent graphic blocks. It's only you - no-one else. It's a bit of a pain having to switch between news readers... :-( Could you possibly have a look at your setup, with a view to letting us poor, impoverished linux users read your gems of wisdom? :-)

Reply to
mick

mick (and Anna),

It isn't just for you! Am using Thunderbird on XP - sig. is broken and several question marks:

Tel: ???(+44) ?01359 230642 Mob: ? (+44) ?07976 649862

(Posted in order to add to evidence. The posts are still readable for me so it is no big deal.)

Reply to
Rod

Same here, using a newsreader I doubt anyone else here is using! I get 'a acute' characters - three after 'Tel:', one after 'Mob:', and one before the 01359 and the 07976. Also one (separated by a space) after the web address on the last sig line. And there is a sig separator of '--' rather than '-- '.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I use Thunderbird and XP, and see Anna's posts with no problem.

Reply to
S Viemeister

This may help:

Brian Drury

I have character encoding set to UTF-8 as default. Wondert if that is why? But if Anna's posts are not UTF-8, shouldn't something, somewhere be telling my Thunderbird what they are? (Not saying mine is configured optimally. Just that is how it is.)

A quick look at some headers here shows that most posts that declare an encoding are 7bit us-asci or iso 8859-1.

Reply to
Rod

Quite a few of Anna's spaces in her sig are broken, being 0xA0 instead of 0x20. A quick google for this sort problem suggests that the source of the 0xA0's is Windows users typing shift-space instead of space. Even if you get her to fix the broken characters (and fix the broken sig separator), this is probably quite a common occurrence so you may have to get used to coping with this particular Windows 'feature'.

Reply to
fred

Ah - I have used the View menu and chose iso-8859-1 - and the question marks resolved (as spaces?). Looks like Anna's posts are not declaring their encoding.

Reply to
Rod

Got one of those..also got a 15% off my next purchase on ebay.

Saunters off.....

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur2

Doesnt sound good If I am going to have a sig at all it had better be readable. Please will someone tell me what to do to fix it

Anna

-- Anna Kettle Lime plaster repair and conservation Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc Tel:    (+44)  01359 230642 Mob:   (+44)  07976 649862 Please look at my website for examples of my work at:

Anna Kettle

Put a single space after the "--" so that line reads "-- ".

The other issue seems to be due to what Forte Free Agent is doing - anyone with experience of that and how to make sure it tells what encoding it is using?

Reply to
Rod

Replace it with this. (unless someone pops up and tells me that's broken - I couldn't see the original problem despite being XP and TBird...)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Have done that. How does it look now?

Anna

Reply to
Anna Kettle

I am using Thunderbird on XP and phone number is fine - very strange....

Reply to
Chewbacca

also got a 15% off my next purchase on ebay.

How does that work?, when you're dealing with anybody selling on ebay? Or is it 15% off sellers fees?

Reply to
Mike Dodd