B&D Cordless Angle Drill/Driver, anyone got one?

I've just seen this B&D angle driver on the CPC web site, has onyone got one and/or is it any good?

See:-

usenet

Not seen it. Given that I put a wattmeter on my Kinso (6.99 from screwfix) and found that it needed 400W to do many jobs, (650W rating), then you'r going to need at least a 200Wh /10 = 20Wh battery, say 32V in power tool terms. (120W just spinning).

It's going to be heavier, and lower capacity than a mains one.

If you can possibly get either a cable from the car (1000W inverter to car battery to 6.99 angle grinder) or mains, then that's the way to go. A battery will only last at best 10 mins of use, and will probably have poor cycle life due to the heavy discharge.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

It's not strickly speaking an angle driver - those use a gearbox to do this, so are slimmer from the front of the chuck to the back of the head.

I've not tried one, but IMHO the B&D idea is only a gimmick.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Please ignore above idiot, who diddn't read the mesasge.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

> --

Picked one of these up in the local Safeway last year for about £14. I doubt it would be very good as a drill as it only takes hex bits but it is excellent as a screwdriver. The progressive torque/speed control seems to work well and the rotating helps helps in getting into awkward corners.

Quite powerful - and hence easy to round off the screw heads with the wrong or worn bits.

Chris K

Reply to
CJK

It takes hex shank drill bits. It can get into many tight spaces, but not as tight as a proper 90 angle drill, which are very expensive, except if you buy the Riyobi angle battery drill and drill combination kit.

I quite like this drill, but the 3 hour charge time is a no, no, for me.

Reply to
IMM

My own first read of the message lead me to think he was talking about a cordless angle grinder too. Ho Hum, time to learn to read subject titles more carefully

Reply to
Mike Dodd