awning over boiler flue?

I'd like to attach some sort of awning to the back of my house. However, the outlet for the gas boiler (presumably a balance flue as there's only one) is slap bang in the middle of the wall. Is it a problem this being under a cloth awning? I guess there would be around 40 cm of vertical clearance between the top of the outlet and the bottom of the awning. Boiler isn't a condenser so the exhaust is pretty hot.

Was thinking of something like this:

Carl Warnell

I don't know about heat, but would condensation be a problem?

I remember a friend had a gas boiler installed in the kitchen and the flue was vented to the external wall which had painted wooden cladding. He had a lot of problems with the condensation getting under the paintwork and causing it to bubble for several feet above the vent. Albeit, it was about

30 years ago, so things may have improved by now.

Roger

Reply to
romic

your boiler, you may be able to download one. In there should be a line drawing and dimensions (minimum) of flue terminal position in relation to windows, car ports etc. AFAIK the minimum distance should be 300 mm above. but please check with manufacturer before deciding, probably a phone call would sort it out. Cheers Don

Reply to
Donwill

I reckon the boiler is circa 1985-vintage (Glow-Worm Fuelsaver F) and there are no manuals on the Glow-Worm website. Think I'll give them a call, thanks.

Reply to
Carl Warnell

I would presume not, as in the winter the canopy would be removed just leaving a metal frame.

Reply to
Carl Warnell

ITYF that the flue position is standard for most boilers - the diagrams can be found in the front of any boiler manual

or ...

If you go to

and email me through the website email contact, I can send you the relevant page from the fuelsaver manual

Reply to
geoff