avery labels

All I want to do is take an A4 sheet of Avery labels and print addresses on them, but I have just spent a fruitless half hour trying to find the software that shows the different label formats along with the ability to print individual, or all the same addresses on a single sheet.

Can anyone point me in the right direction through the maze of software please?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

dennis

nightmare really.

open office will do it.

so will MS word. Both are a bitch to set up.

I have been known to resort to Corel Draw and set up text boxes for all the labels...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I use X2net LabelMaker.

like it because it is so easy to use. It has a large list of Avery labels and you can define your own labels. It can import from a database. You can choose to miss 'x' number of labels on a sheet if you've already used some. Well worth the $25 although they do have an irritating registration process which means you have to wait a day before you can use the software (or set your clock on a day).

Reply to
Periproct

I've got an excellent free prog for the RPC here, so there must be similar for the PC?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

What I remember is a download from avery that allows you to choose the label size and style and print to it for free.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Many thanks, but see my reply to Dennis about the costs.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

That is what I remember. I'll have to look at my collection of almost

1000 CD's for a copy.

Until recently Avery had some downloadable software that made label printing very easy.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Dave has brought this to us :

I seem to remember doing exactly that in MS Word '97.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Only the first two.

Reply to
dennis

Looks promising, I'll download it am.

Thanks

Dave

Reply to
Dave

No problem. It seems to do everything I want very simply. I don't think the trial is limited in any way apart from the watermark. I have to run it in a virtual XP machine as it doesn't like my x64 Windows 7.

Reply to
Periproct

I'm still using MS Office 97 Pro Harry, and as you say, Word has the Avery labels in there.

Cash

Reply to
Cash

That might be worth a peek.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Yes. Open a new document, go to Tools, then Envelopes and Labels. Most of the Avery products are listed there. If not, it's not hard to set up a new template.

Reply to
S Viemeister

There is also an option to describe the dimensions of whatever labels that you have and give that a name.

Reply to
Matty F

In message , Dave writes

Complete nightmare. I have a draft which I have been using for at least ten years, and probably longer. I'll shoot myself, if I ever delete it in error. It prints perfectly - 14 labels per sheet. Works in Word and Open Office. I'll happily send you a copy, if that is the format you require.

Reply to
Graeme

addresses

ability

software

I've alway defined a table of boxes in Word and adjusted the cells to fit.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

That is what I do too.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Indeed: I've used Office 2003 for years to print out address labels for Xmas cards and have developed the following 'idiot guide' which gets raked out every year to remind me how to do it... this is based on printing a label for every individual in my Outlook Contacts who I've previously assigned a 'Category' flag of "Xmas card" - maybe this might help the OP with some adapting?

Outlook; Contacts window. Select "Customize Current View" in left hand pane. Fields button: Fullname, Address Group by: None Sort by: Lastname (ascending) Filter: -> More choices -> Categories -> Xmas card Close window.

Tools -> Mailmerge Select: Contacts - All contacts in current View Fields to merge - Contact fields in Current view Document file - New document Contact data file - don't tick box Document Type - mailing labels

Word then opens in the Mail Merge Helper screen. Set up: select Avery A4 labels - code J8160 Accept all other defaults, and close window

In Word: In the first cell, from the mailmerge toolbar: Click "Insert Merge Fields" icon, then click Database Fields and select "Full_name" and "Mailing_address": insert these into cell. Insert 1 para break only, after Full_Name field. On mail merge toolbar, click "Propagate" icon (doesn't matter if there are multiple "Next record" fields!). Click Merge to new document (save as "Xmas20xx labels.doc in Xmas card folder for reference) Print out Xmas20xxlabels.doc on to labels

Reply to
Lobster