average price for conservatory

Hi all

can anyone give me a quick guide price as to what I should expect to pay for a, lets say 4'x3' conservatory ?

and anythings I should be checking up on before I get quotes from several firms ?

thanks

Lee

Reply to
Lee

How to measure?

Reply to
Andy Hall

The following website will give you some idea of supply-only prices for diy installation:

If you want it installed then you can double or even triple the supply-only price depending on how much work is involved, such as foundations and dwarf walls.

I would proceed as with replacement upvc windows. Get recommendations for local firms from relatives/neighbours, visit their showrooms with your measurements (I suspect by 4'x3' you mean metres or yards) to get some rough estimates and a feel for each firm, then only invite the salesperson from firms that you feel confident about. If the salesperson starts saying "you can have 2 grand of if you sign today, or I have phoned my manager and he says that we will knock another grand off if you sign today", then draw your own conclusions, especially in relation the original price being inflated by

3 grand. Good luck!
Reply to
DIY

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 05:02:12 +0100, Andy Hall mused:

I did think that sounded more like a porch than a conservatory.

Reply to
Lurch