Automatic Tumble Dryers

Some tumble dryers such as many of the Hotpoint ones have a humidity sensor which enables them to stop when the clothes are dry.

Does anyone have any practical experience of this feature?

Reply to
Michael Chare

Our Miele works that way, and is very effective.

Reply to
Grunff

Ditto with our Bosch. Big "thumbs up".

Paul

Reply to
Paul Andrews

Add to that my big thumbs up for a Bosch - ours is officially "two thumbs fresh" - bloody marvellous kit.

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

Don't touch the Hotpoint ones. I bought one 4 years ago for that feature and it didn't work at all. Couple of engineer visits and it was still useless - clothes not remotely dry when it decided they were.

Got a full refund, which took some shouting at Hotpoint.

Replaced with a Bosch Logixx and it works very well. Reliable, does the right thing in a predictable way and so on.

HTH

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

I have a Bosch 6920. I would not now dream of buying a tumble dryer without this feature. I will pay back the extra cost very rapidly with the energy saved.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Ditto with our Zanussi. You have to tell it how hard or soft your water is when you first install the machine, so I'm guessin it's using electrical resistivity to measure the dampness in the clothes, but I could be way out here :o)

Reply to
mark.mai