Automatic switching of porch light

I currently have one of those outside light kits with a motion detector in it inside my enclosed porch. I am going to get the porch plastered with a proper ceiling as well so I have put the wiring in for a pendant light but can I get a light fitting with a motion detector in it. Alternatively I was thinking of one of those time delay switches that you get in houses with bedsits.

Kevin

Reply to
Zen83237

Mount this inside the porch and wire it to the light.

George

Use a dawn dusk sensor

and an energy saving bulb.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

What an ugly thing to have sticking out of your porch light socket plus the fact of banging your head on the bulb if the ceilings low?

Reply to
George

Erm! was you having a blond moment?

Reply to
George

Or maybe a

mounted in/on the ceiling.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

Hey, that may have answered my question (see other Motion detection thread) as well Adam, thanks! ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

I have just read your post Tim.

It looks like you may need two sensors with your kitchen layout. If you connect the switched live that feeds the lights to the switched load on the sensors and took a permanent live to the live connection on the sensor then you can still leave the lights in the on position by turning a lightswitch on.

The timer usually starts when movement stops on these sort of PIRs.

HTH

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

I tried these for when I went on holiday and they don't work, well the ones I bought didn't.

Kevin

Reply to
Zen83237