Automatic garage door - any suggestions?

Page 2 of 2
On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 15:40:11 +0100, "Owain"

Hey - I like that idea!
The door open signal works from the end of our road - I tried it yesterday - about 50 yards. Now you've given me an idea that I could fit some extra electronics so that when I come round the corner into our close I push a button and auto-pilot guides the vehicle into the garage......
Andrew
Andy Hall wrote:

Tennis ball 1
Steve R
--
One piece, one button suit, timeless fashion. All made by the same
manufacturer, no designer label, everybody has one.

I just line up my nearside wing mirror with a particular brick in the wall.
Colin Bignell

It's not what you asked to do but many people simply hang a tennis ball or wiffle ball w/ string from the ceiling so that the ball is touching the windshield when the vehicle is far enough in the garage. Simply always pull in until the windshield touches the ball. Most of the photo-cells made for residential operators are brand specific & will not usually work on other brands of openers.
Doordoc www.doorsandopeners.com
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 19:54:55 +0100, Andrew McKay

How about one of these? http://www.letsautomate.com/10463.cfm?CFID7375&CFTOKEN 875167
I'd have thought it'd be fairly striaghtforward to modify it into an interlock if required.
I'm thinking about getting one for my dad, so if anyone's tried one and they're rubbihs, or whatever, please say!
Cheers
Neil