Automatic bypass

My one has settings from 0.1 to 0.5 bar. Even at 0.5bar I'm wondering if there is some flow through it, judging by temperature of pipe on the 'cold side'. What is the usual setting and is some flow normal ?

Reply to
Mike

I have initially set mine at 0.3bar having found that it requires 3-4 rads to shut-off for it to open. With all rads heating, the valve does not appear to have any flow - the temperature of the output side is much cooler than the input. I am using the pump on it's lowest speed setting. I think it is impossible to say that there is a recommended setting, as it will depend on many things - pump speed, pipe sizes, radiator lockshield valve settings etc.

Dave

Reply to
logized

The idea is to allow flow only when it is needed. The greater the setting the _harder_ it is to push water through it. So with all the rads shutdown find the biggest setting that will let water through. It is possible that 0.5 is too high.

HTH

Reply to
Ed Sirett