autofeed paint roller / pad

Hi, anyone use an autofeed emulsioning system, how is it?

Reply to
Bill Posting

I got one, a ceiling takes 20 minutes, works great. Mine is the one by Wagner, power roller. much less back ache and mess, good investment if you have more than one little bit to do.

Reply to
mrcheerful

Extending the question..... what about something to aid in washing a (very greasy) ceiling?

Reply to
Tony Williams

a sponge type floor mop with sugar soap (plus hat)

Reply to
mrcheerful

Much less backache and mess compared with what, though?

Recently I've taken to using a roller on a 6-foot pole, and it's been a revelation to me. The paint tray sits on the floor wherever you're painting (so no bending down needed); you can reach the ceiling easily from standing on the floor; and even when painting the walls the long handle provides extra control and leverage to the roller, so no wrist or arm ache (I know, but I'm getting old!)

David

Reply to
Lobster

I meant compared to conventional roller/tray.

Reply to
mrcheerful

Well - my point was that I suspect that much of the advantage of an autofeed system can be gained simply by fitting an extension pole to an ordinary roller!

David

Reply to
Lobster

My mate had a Dulux one, hangs on your back I think, worked fine but very very messy to clean. Not like a roller were you can just use a different roller for each colour. Any wrote the whole thing off as one day just plain forget to clean it up in the hurry to do something else and remembering couple of days later found the whole thing totally solid with solidified emulsion. He is now back to using brushes to paint walls and ceilings, hates rollers and the finish produced by rollers, maybe the whole experience has scarred him for life !!!!

Reply to
Ian Middleton