ATTN: The Scullster re: Boxing in

Yesterday I suggested you solve your "boxing in" problem by using plastic trunking like the CH engineer did at a house that we intend to let out. I expected lots of guffaws or flames from people but surprisingly it didn't happen - maybe this time eh? :o)

We hung lining paper on the walls (except for the living room where we used an anaglypta / blown vynil thingy type paper) then he placed the trunking in position and then I emulsioned over everything - and I must say that we're quite happy with it.

shows a trunking that's carrying a

22mm gas supply to the boiler and two microbores to a rad.

shows a trunking carrying two microbores to a rad, as does

My photography isn't up to much but it'll give you an idea of how the trunking looks anyway.

HTH,

Mogweed.

Reply to
Mogweed.

Why would you start a new thread to continue the discussion?

Reply to
Andy Burns

The ones in the corners look fine. The front-room one would have looked better if it was done the same way, but saying that, sometimes _more_ boxing/trunking looks better than less.

i.e. put a batten in the corner of the wall so you can extend the top of the trunking (be it a length of thin ply etc right to the corner. It makes it look far less of a bodge and allows space for speaker wires and thinks in the future.

Reply to
PeTe33

Hmm, good question really. Maybe because I'm paranoid. I put in my two'penneth worth and then seem to kill the thread - I've lost count of the number of times I've posted with my comments and suggestions and then no-one has had anything to say in reply, either good or bad :o(

Or maybe it's because there have been approximately 310 postings between this one and the original query posed by TheScullster and I thought maybe he had got a suitable answer and wouldn't bother scrolling down there again.

Or maybe I made a mistake - I really don't know :o)

Mogweed.

Reply to
Mogweed.

Good suggestion, I'll do that.

Mogweed.

Reply to
Mogweed.

"Mogweed." wrote

Thanks Mogweed

I only just caught your response. After posting a message, I always watch the thread on and off for a week at least to catch late postings. The box work will need to carry 3 22mm pipes minimum. These are already in situ, so the boxing may end up being on the larger side.

Most likely will go for the mdf option with fixed sections top and bottom (where the coving and skirting wrap) and not quite so fixed 1800 tall "middle" section - removable in emergency! Believe it or not, the original boxing was "fixed" with a CH motorised valve, junction boxes and wiring for heating hidden behind.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Story of my life mate

Ive posted hundreds of replies and a fair few questions.

A rtypical tread goes like this

"I have a broblem with my XYZ combi" " You shouldn;t have bought XYZ, PQR is better" "All combis are s**te, get a solar panel" "But solar panels don't heat water effectively" "We should all save the whales" "That was a whaleist remark"

and buried in the response is a wee small voice that says "The grobbulator in te PCB has gone, yes its a s**te design, but you can get a replacement from ABC at their website"

This reply is generally lost in the noise however, as the usual suspects (myself included) are busy amusing themselves grinding the usual axes. ;-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher