Attaching Threaded Rod to Timber

How about one of these?

also do a brass version

Rick... (The other Rick)

Science and sound engineering will always prevail in the end "for nature cannot be fooled" [Feynman]

Reply to
Rick... (The other Rick)

Or how about one of these with a bit of fettling?

(The other Rick)

Science and sound engineering will always prevail in the end "for nature cannot be fooled" [Feynman]

Reply to
Rick... (The other Rick)

Car body filler.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

otherwise known as car body filler.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Bingo!

you want is the 10mm Ceiling plate.

Bet it's expensive...

Rick... (The other Rick)

Science and sound engineering will always prevail in the end "for nature cannot be fooled" [Feynman]

Reply to
Rick... (The other Rick)

Yes, sorry, I only saw his reply after I'd sent mine - I really should have refreshed my newsreader and checked for new posts first.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Probably only four but some of the cheaper backplates are down as low as

28p each.
Reply to
Rod

Think that would do fine - now I know what they are called I can see them all over. Just trying to decide where to get some.

Thanks to all who have made suggestions. There are definitely several other options if this does not work out - albeit all seem much more expensive.

Car body filler ain't going to be a flier. Regardless of how good it might be, I don't have the right feelings about it for this purpose. If I had to do anything more substantial myself, I would prefer to make my own metal plates.

Reply to
Rod

I can't imagine the (sensible) application which would pull an M10 nutsert out of softwood, but if you wanted to do your own plate it doesn't need to be complicated, take a mending plate or similar, drill an 11mm hole in it, thread the rod through, whack a nut and big washer on the back, counterbore the timber and screw the plate on the face of the timber. In fact, you could do that with a nutsert and the right washers for belt and braces.

Reply to
Bolted