At Last!!!

I think it's a universal truth that the hot chocolate is usually the best thing in any drinks machine.

The worst has got to be anything made with cold fizzy water squirted onto crystals in the cup.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

That's great in theory except:-

1) Getting them to answer the phone is a challenge 2) They only check on the computer when you phone - they don't do a physical stock check.

Steve

Reply to
stevelup

This is a criterion for doing business with a store. If they can't manage to do these simple things in order not to waste their customers' time then it indicates that their service ethic isn't what it should be. Then it's a decision between pushing them to look, taking a risk and shopping elsewhere.

I had an instance of this with M&S concerning purchase of a shirt. I called the store (which is about 25mins drive) and asked them to check style and size. They did a physical check and reported that they had the item. I arrived and they hadn't got the item - a misread digit in the SKU code. I didn't have anything else that was needed so didn't buy anything else. However, they gave me £10 in cash. This didn't cover my costs but does mean that I will shop there again because they made an effort.

B&Q have done similar in the case of faulty goods, but I had to prompt them on it. Unless one asks for better service, one sometimes doesn't get it.

Reply to
Andy Hall

That sounds like the Voice of Experience ;-)

I'm beginning to wonder about you, Owain ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I've studied in colleges, and worked in offices...

In fact, in one place I worked, after I broke the office chair, and crashed the minicomputer (twice), I was not allowed under any circumstances to use the tea machine :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain