At Last!!!

I have asked them many times and at last they have done it, Screwfix are opening a Leeds trade counter this weekend, although I don't think they have done it especially for me! It is about a mile from the B&Q depot so it may affect their business. It certainly will alter my spending habits. I only used to order from Screwfix when my list totalled over £40 to get free delivery.

HTH

John

Reply to
John

What you do now is:

- produce the big list of all those things you want

- go to the outlet and complete an order sheet of catalogue numbers/quantity/price

- go to the cash desk and pay - get your order number

- go and get a free cup of coffee out of the machine - have a glance round and think this is quite good - working well.

- wait until your order number is called (about 5 mins) - think again - this is really good.

- go to counter to pick up order.

- be told by staff member that 8 of the ten items you have bought are out of stock - can you hand over your credit card so a refund can be credited.

- leave thinking .....................wtf ..........................

Reply to
judith

In which direction? I.e. where exactly, please?

Mary in Leeds

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Both are owned by Kingfisher PLC, so hardly matters in the grand scheme of things.

Reply to
Grunff

Is it this one?

Roger Mills

Maybe not to them it doesn't but it does to my wallet! Even so their profit margins will be greater at their Been & Queued outlets.

Cheers

John

Reply to
John

Not necessarily - it costs a lot more to run a B&Q than to run a Screwfix trade counter.

Reply to
Grunff

I thought Kingfisher had got rid of one of them, or am I thinking of Toolstation?

Reply to
<me9

They're still listed here:

Grunff

Seconded... I had my world record bad experience last week.

11 things on the list. 9 out of stock during the 'order booking' part of the process. A process which took approximately 30 minutes due to everyone else in front of me needing to study the catalogue whilst placing their order - presumably because everything was out of stock.

Anyway, the two items they did have in stock were both still useful to me so I handed over my card and paid for them.

Coffee break...

Number called...

Yep - neither of the two items were actually in stock. A resounding 11 nil score and 45 minutes of my day gone excluding travel time. Credit card refunded.

Indeed! It wouldn't be half as bad if you could place the order via the website, check stock (yes, that's flawed but...), and pay for it. This would surely be trivial to implement in the big scheme of things.

I won't be going back until they do this.

Steve

Reply to
stevelup

As will their overheads.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Looks like it, thanks.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Already got a Toolstation in Leeds on Cross Green Industrial Estate. I've never had any stock problems there. And with four members of staff per customer that's better than a Harrods Personal Shopper.

Reply to
mikengac

OK for "braned" goods. If not branded then it will be cheap tat, and sometimes not that cheap either. Best avoid.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

And they are going to compensate you for this how? WWAHD? [1]

Well, if Argos can manage it...

Owain

[1] What Would Andy Hall Do?
Reply to
Owain

Contact them before leaving to go to the store and ask whether the items are in stock. Ask them to reserve them.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Owain! You shop at Argos!!!

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Well, there are a few things which my local Tesco doesn't sell :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I was remembering that Si sang "Mary shops at Homebase!"

If he can do it so can I!

Mary p.s. not ignoring your gate suggestion, I'm hoping for others before I reply.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Hot chocolate's better...