Asthma

It's certainly a broad church here. Broad enough for this do you think?

Young" springs to mind, but I'm sure there are better titles

Reply to
stuart noble

You could just killfile the thread...oh no! you might miss something about diy ;o)

Reply to
Bob Mannix

No surmise required; do a search for "cat dander"

Reply to
Huge

I'm on my way ... ;-)

Reply to
Bruce

As have I. Even driving along a road between two large fields of the stuff triggers an attack unless the vents and aircon are off, and the heater is set to recirc.

He didn't have one to make.

Reply to
Bruce

My medication was checked in detail - I stopped taking everything else for a week (the GP wouldn't let me go without them for any longer) and the symptoms remained. I am aware of the grapefruit issue and avoided it completely.

Stopping the statins gave immediate relief from all side effects. As a bonus, it is a joy to be able to eat grapefruit and drink grapefruit juice again. The replacement med is far less restrictive, and I don't seem to have any side effects.

What I find odd about the whole issue of statins is that, while they are undoubtedly effective at reducing LDL cholesterol, they appear to do little to reduce the risk of heart attack or stroke. And I thought that was the whole point of taking them.

Reply to
Bruce

The world's most profitable drug. Ever.

It goes generic in, I think 2011.

Reply to
Bruce

The world's most profitable drug. So far.

Owain

Reply to
Owain