Ash tree set for extinction in Europe

The most tree in the UK and has all kinds of uses. WTF can be planted to replace it?

Reply to
Jonno

Plastic replicas

Reply to
Nightjar

MDF trees.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

ROTFPMSL!

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Global warming, so palm trees and other tropical specimens.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Hmm.. Bamboo in our garden currently reaches over 10'.

When the Elms died there were newspaper stories of someone cycling around southern England planting Black Poplar cuttings!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

They should take away the trees and put them in a tree museum.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

plenty of young elms around here. They just never grow up.

One hard winter to kill the beetles and they will come back.

Interesting to note that the ash problem comes from illegal immigrants and unrestricted movement of goods ;-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I believe there is a resistant Ash tree in Japan. There seems to be some reluctance to replace European one's with a "foreign" tree though.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

They are working on a cure for this. I'm sure they had an item on it in a regional news item about two weeks ago?? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Most people don't know what an ash looks like, or give a toss whether they grow here or not. Just a tree ennit?

Reply to
Stuart Noble

It's a new form of 'better dead than red'.

Reply to
PeterC

Speak for yourself townie.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Which part of "most people" did you not understand? I myself like walk in the woods most days and mostly know what's what

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Then they would charge the people one pound and six pence just to see 'em ... ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

We've got a "Tree Centre", but it still looks like a park to me.....

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Not the only thing, then.

Reply to