Asbestos pipe removal, Is a clean air certificate usefull ?

Hi to all reading this thread, the plumber called to service the boiler looking up he noticed a pipe that looked like asbestos seeing this he said he cant work in that space untill we have the pipe removed and obtain a clean air certificate he sugested this would cost £60-£70 ,All the national air quality testers are comparibly priced with our local air quality chap who wants £400 to supply this certificate but suggests the home will not pass as the current testing facility picks up all particles in the air not spacifically asbestos particles , I have questioned the boiler cover insurance company regarding this certificate it seems this is the first time this has been requested in Lancashire , does any one know of a more spacific test available from whom and at what cost ?

Reply to
Dave Box

Box in the pipe and then call a different plumber.

Reply to
Nightjar

Gotta picture that you can post somewhere?

Sounds like a bullshit merchant for some reason... But without a look no-one can begin to say.

Is this a monthly premium boiler cover insurance type thing? Who with? BG?

Sounds fishy to me more details needed.

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

In your position I think I'd try to get the asbestos taken out first, for everyone's safety. A good clean up done and then innocently ask for th boiler to be serviced as there will be no pipe ie evidence, will there. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff