Asbestos in Storage Heaters?

I have a faulty storage heater that is about 15-20 years old. The Electricity Board engineer who looked at it would not open it as he said it likely had asbestos in it. Is this likely to be the case? If so, how do I get rid of the heater, or even move it, as I believe there are a lot of special handling restrictions on asbestos?
thanks in advance.
It is highly unlikely that there is asbestos in your s/h. The Electricity Association circulated a list of all heaters that contained asbestos. If it is Creda, Dimplex or Unidare it should have no asbestos in it. If it is a Balmforth, GEC or Heatstore there may be a very small matchbox size piece of asbestos under the thermal link on top of the heater core inside the heater. This amount of asbestos can be removed by wearing a paper face mask and disposable gloves, placing the item in a secure bag and putting in with your normal rubbish. Obviously ensure the heater is disconnected before carrying out this operation.

it

It won't have asbestos in it. Even the huge 1970's brown fablon covered things didn't. Suggest you use a more trustworthy electrician than one from the 'leccy board. Sounds like yours couldn't be bothered as it would have meant a return visit and little profit for his beancounting masters on the swanky business park!
Are there such things as Electricity Board engineers. I was under the impression that they had all been made redundant or redeployed to other work. SEC are probably one of the few companies that may still be associated with EB.

it