Artists rubber mat

When I worked in Tech Pubs, the people in the graphics studio had rubber mats, or similar, on their desks so they could cut paper (with a scalpel) without damaging what was underneath.

What are they called, and where can I get one?

Reply to
Huge

dunno about rubber, that's snag the blade and get cut up so the blade tracks in the old cuts.

a cutting mat is what you want, they self heal 'to a certian extent' any arty type shop sells them, hobbycraft if you have one near you will do lots of different sizes, or just google for a cutting mat.

actually, i'm sure even maplins sell them, or they used to, but expensive for a small sized one, i have an A3 one with repositional sticky stuff on it, it's used in my vinyl cutter to hold card and that down whilst cutting for arty farty things i make, but also used to trim paper with a scalpel,

Reply to
gazz

Self-healing cutting mats

You can get them at pretty much any decent stationers or artists' suppliers or just Google "cutting mats"

Reply to
Norman Billingham

Cutting mat.

They make really good mouse mats so I've got several around. I got the last one from Staples.

The sort I prefer are made by Linex and have a hard layer sandwiched between two green rubber layers with a grid marked on both faces. Maplin have copies with one side plain at suitably cheap prices:

Steve Firth

Cutting mat. Staples and Hobbycraft sell 'em.

Reply to
mike

Never thought of Ryman as cheap but, amazingly enough, they're half the price there.

Another option is the local bargain bookshop such as The Works which seem to have an artists' supplies section.

Reply to
mike

Splendid. Now I know what they're called, Google can provide.

Thanks everyone.

Reply to
Huge

Ahh, yes, they were the ones the afforementioned graphics people used.

Reply to
Huge

In message , Huge writes

Self healing cutting mats?

example

Reply to
geoff

Thanks. I've ordered an A3 one. Should be here today.

Reply to
Huge