Arrrrrrrgh!

Don't you just hate it when you get a delivery of substandard laminate flooring.

Done the living room no problems,attempted to do the bedroom and the pattern is all to c*ck ie line it and then pull it into place and the pattern does not match properley,it matches if its a mm or two away from the join but not when locked into the end.

Barstewads wait till they open tomorrow I'll go balistic on em.

Reply to
George

Malcolm H

Is there any other standard ?

If it's a "fake wood wannabe" style then _not_ having the pattern matching is surely a _more_ realistic finish?

I have around 50M sq. open plan of Khars(sp) engineered Oak flooring and not one single plank "matches" yet it looks (and sonds and feels) infinately superior to the small boys bedroom done in Oak "effect" laminate.

Let's face it, if you are doing a shonky job by using laminate then who gives a fk about a "pattern" being a mm or 2 out.

Only _you_ will notice it. Everyone else will say.. "oooooh nice _laminate_ floor"

:¬)

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

Unless its tile effect laminate, it which case he's buggered.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Tile effect laminate... that's gotta be as bad as the red-brick-wall wall paper they used in the local pub I used to live next to...

:¬))

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

Tiles in a bedroom? get real man.

Reply to
George

why not? plenty of hotter climate houses have real ones..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You havent seen it laid properly then? The Tileloc stuff from B+Q/Screwfix is excellent. It looks like real tiles, apart from being perfectly spaced, perfectly grouted, and not cold to the touch. I put it in my dining room, now I've ripped up the ceramic tiles in the kitchen, and will be laying it there as well. Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

Someones gota keep the anti-laminate theme going. ;¬)

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

I have fitted this stuff in my kitchen & conservatory and I too find it excellent - that's two of us now GymRatz, you're outnumbered until another anti-laminater comes along :-) Franko.

Reply to
Franko

:¬)

I did confess to fitting laminate in me boys bedroom and it is a fake-oak flavour so I'm not completely anti-laminate however..... pretty much all of it is covered up by a thick floor rug where it was so bloomin' cold, but that's more a feature of not having heating in downstairs "underground" bedrooms.

:¬)

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

message

Waves.... That's two all :)

-
Reply to
Mark

;¬)

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

Well it won't be me. I bought some top of the range 8mm tile effect for the kitchen. To say I'm impressed is an understatement. Properly laid, it looks the part and is difficult to tell the difference, except it isn't cold. The only drawback is that with sharp impacts, the laminate can chip, but then so can ceramic.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

3 - 2 :-)
Reply to
Franko

Hi Group, Beware of laminate in the kitchen. Any spillage can result in a fall. A friend of mine trod on a grape and slipped over and peeled the skin back off her shin needing plastic surgery.

Alan >

Reply to
Roberts

And ceramic tiles wont have the same result?

Reply to
George

snipped-for-privacy@office.ajlelectronics.co.uk...

4 - 2
Reply to
Man at B&Q

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@office.ajlelectronics.co.uk...

We have tile effect laminate in our kitchen - very happy with it

Reply to
Chewbacca

5 - 2 ! We're winning :-)
Reply to