Arrrghhh!

I know one of usenet's cardinal rules is never to criticise others' spelling or grammar, but......

The word is *fluorescent* not flourescent!

If I've seen that spelling mistake once, I must have seen it at least 20 times in different thread over the last few months!

:-)

Reply to
The Wanderer

You mean you haven't heard of lighting based upon finely milled cereal crops?

Reply to
dom

Could you embroider on that?

Reply to
boltmail

No wonder your bread smells. :-)

Reply to
George

Tell this guy:

and these:

and the BBC:

and:

Enough already?

mark

Reply to
mark

On the subject of Arrrrghhhh why do loads of folk say "they brought something" rather than bought?

Steven.

Reply to
Steven Campbell

Maybe they didn't pay for it, just brought it home...?

Reply to
PCPaul

They tend to be the same people that say that they "done" something.

Reply to
Andy Hall

... made out of cotton seed flour?

Reply to
Rod

Or use the word draw for drawer?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Most of the time it is in the context of "I brought it at the shop for £xxx" I thought maybe the ward had changed as so many people were using it!

Steven.

Reply to
Steven Campbell

And, use the word 'can' when they mean 'can't'. For example...

"I've got a new wireless and now I can access my webs ive checked everything what is rong with this vista is there a patch"

Reply to
Ron Lowe

'They could of seen what was in the draw, if they had of brought a flourescent light.........'

Reply to
S Viemeister

I have to also cast a vote for use of "should of" instead of "should have". Grrrrr.

Reply to
Lino expert

Biodegradeable and emits no carbon at all!

Nor light, but who cares?

Something has to give.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Cos they are thieving pikey bastards? Oops. Wrong thread.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Is that like a painter? a piece of 'roap' on a ship?

:-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Here's my gripe while we're at it...

We spell 'Business' like so,but really I think it should be spelt 'Buisness' looks right in text.

Reply to
George

I keep finding that I have said "try and" instead of "try to". (I usually catch it if I am writing/typing.) I try and avoid that whenever I can.

Reply to
Rod

In message , Steven Campbell writes

So that's why it's so crowded in here - damned NHS cut-backs!

Reply to
Si