Arrgh. Dyson DC01 poorly

No, *I'm* the ex-RSX-11 programmer. DNC wrote most of it. And reportedly ported 11-M to the PDP11-70 over a weekend when the other O/S development teams were saying it was going to take months.

Oh, and SYSTIME kit sucked donkey doo-doo.

Reply to
Huge

Whatever. I remember thumbing those plastic toggle switches on the PDP8 to enter the program. 12 bit words as I recall.....

PoP

PoP

Yes....shades of yellow and brown on a PDP-8, red/maroon an a PDP-11, blue on other (e.g. PDP-10 and 15). I have a picture of the toggle switches on a PDP-10.... 36 of them, all in a row!

Reply to
Bob Eager

The you'd get to the last but one and realise the you'd made a mistake.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

That's not too bad, though laptops make good secondary PCs, the two here run at 20w and 12w :)

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Yep. I have a VaxStation 3100 M76. Powered it up the other day and was amazed I still remembered the command $MCR AUTHORIZE ;-)

Cheers,

Paul.

Reply to
Zymurgy

RD52 !! a very small scsi disk IIRC. I replaced the DEC firmware'd disk in mine with a standard (bigger) SCSI disk. The Tagged Command Queuing on the bus really confuses the hell out of the uVAX, but it doesn't crash it...

Cheers,

Paul.

Reply to
Zymurgy

They are indestructible ! the one I managed refused to die. Does yours have the vast capacity (!) TK50 in it ?

Cheers,

Paul.

Reply to
Zymurgy

The RD5x disks were ST506 (MFM) drives. The 52 is a whopping 31Mb. I recall getting an early Pro 350 to play with - RD50 with 5Mb all for me;-)

Reply to
John Laird

I worked on PDP-12s back in the 1970s (the PDP-12 was a combination of a PDP-8 and a computer developed by some university in the US). That had a whole full height 19" cabinet dedicated to a 256k hard disk, four platters if I remember, each with 128 heads.

Reply to
usenet

I've got to find a way of backing up the RD50 in my Rainbow 100B+ 'cos I don't have install media for it.....could always use a load of RX50s I suppose.....

-- cheers,

witchy/binarydinosaurs

Reply to
Witchy

You'll only need about a dozen :-) Ah, the days when you really could back up your hard disk onto floppies...

Reply to
John Laird

But they did have a blue carpet with the Systime logo, an indoor fountain (always a give-away sign of impending financial disaster) and helicopter landing pad for ?John Gow

Reply to
Andrew

I think the person who originated the theory about corporate excess and imminent liquidation had probably visited Systime's HQ. Just south of Leeds, iirc.

Reply to
John Laird